Below you’ll find logistical information that you will need to know before you go to Conference.
LIA SOPHIA CONFERENCE 2013 MOBILE APP
- Stay connected to all the Conference 2013 happenings on-the-go with our mobile app. Get access to the following features:
- General Conference 2013 schedule
- Learning Lab schedule & locations
- Create your own Learning Lab schedule by adding sessions
- Downtown Indianapolis map
- Link to your social media pages & send tweets
- Add your pictures to the photo album
- To download the app, search for and install “Guidebook” from your smartphone app store. Within “Guidebook”, search for “lia sophia® Conference 2013 mobile app” and download.
- Disclaimer - By downloading the Guidebook app, you understand that lia sophia
cannot assume responsibility for the functionality or maintenance of the app.
Schedule of Events & Locations
|Download the schedule here
- Registration will be held outside Hall J in Indiana Convention Center, 100 South Capitol, Indianapolis, Indiana - 46225
Please use Capitol/Georgia St. Entrance outside of Hall J.
- Thursday, June 27, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 27: 7:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 28: 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29: 7:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
NAME BADGE & TICKETS
- Attendees are picking up their name badges at Conference along with a tote bag, Style Guide redemption ticket and all applicable recognition ribbons).
- You must wear your name badge at all times during Conference.
There is a $25 badge replacement fee on-site, should you forget to bring it or lose it during the event.
- Your badge reflects your current level (as of June 2013).
- You will need to show a valid driver's license or state ID.
- Seating in General session will be by Zone Leaders, or Region Leaders who do not have an upline Zone Leader.
- Your badge will indicate the name of your Zone or Region Leader.
- Award acheivers will have designated seating by category.
- Diamond Level Sales & Recruiting
- Emerald Level Sales & Recruiting
- Ruby Sales & Recruiting
- Excellent Beginnings (any level)
- Excellent Beginnings (all levels)
- First Conference
- Group Achiever (Group Sales & Recruiting)
- Riviera Maya
- Leaders Building Leaders
- Million Dollar Club
- Movers & Shakers
- New Advisor (Started between June 2012 & May 2013)
- New Unit Leader (Promoted between June 2012 & May 2013)
- New Division Leader (Promoted between June 2012 & May 2013)
- New Region Leader (Promoted between June 2012 & May 2013)
- Sales Council
- General and Breakout Sessions: Business casual
- lia sophia Luau: Tropical cocktail attire
- Thursday, June 27 – FVP & Zone recognition, Victor Kiam.
- Friday, June 28 - Ruby/Emerald/Diamond Achievers, Top 10 Sellers/Recruiters, Sales Council,
New Advisor of the Year, Movers & Shakers, Best In Show presentations.
- Saturday, June 29 - Newly Promoted Leaders, Group Sales & Recruiting Achievers, Million Dollar Club, Leaders Building Leaders, Best In Show winner revealed.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE OPTIONS
- GO Express Travel Airport Shuttle operated by Bloomington Shuttle runs every 30 minutes from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily from Zone 1 outside the Ground Transportation Center. $10 one way. Cash and major credit cards accepted. The last shuttle leaves the airport at 11pm.
- IndyGo Bus Route #8 provides transportation from the airport to Downtown Indianapolis. The fare is $1.75 each way. Exact fare is required, as Operators do not carry change and credit cards are not accepted. Reservations are not required for service. The line operates daily from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. between the Indianapolis International Airport and Downtown Indianapolis. Service frequency is every 30 minutes, with stops along the way, so one way trip could take up to 40 minutes. To access the bus from the airport, the Ground Transportation Center is located between the Airport terminal/baggage claim area and the parking garage. Use the pedestrian walkways from the terminal/baggage claim areas to access Ground Transportation. Zone 6 is outdoors on the ground floor. The bus enters the downtown area with stops along Maryland Street and departs for the airport with stops along Washington. For more information call 317.635.3344 or got to www.IndyGo.net
- Carey, Indiana also offers a shared ride service at $16.95 + gratuity. Advance reservations are suggested to cut wait time, but are not necessary. They can be accessed from the Ground Transportation Center at the airport.
- The Go Green Airport Shuttle is the express Indianapolis Airport shuttle serving Downtown Indianapolis. Our most popular stops serve Lucas Oil Stadium, The Convention Center, and The Marriott Complex (JW Marriott). The shuttle operates from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. 7 days a week and is $10.00 one-way. Priority is given to those with online reservations. Cash and Major Credit Cards are accepted. http://www.bloomingtonshuttle.com/indy_express
- Taxi Service fares range from $30-$40 each way.
MAP OF DOWNTOWN INDY
Find your way around downtown.
MAP OF PARKING AREAS
Always know where you parked.
DIETARY NEEDS INFORMATION
- Menu selections were made with dietary needs in mind.
- All items will be labeled.
- A number of dietary needs will be accommodated on the general buffets. For those that are not accomodated here, a special buffet will be available.
- For Kosher requests or if you have any questions on items or ingredients, please speak with a member of the catering banquet staff.
- Thursday, June 27th - 6:30pm -10:00 p.m. Capitol Food Court / Indiana Grille and Pizza Express (outside of Hall J)
opens after General Session.
- Friday, June 28th - 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Capitol Espresso and Crossroads Espresso
opens after General Session.
- Saturday, June 29th - 7:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Capitol Espresso and Crossroads Espresso
opens in the morning before General Session.
- At Lucas Oil Stadium, we will have one stand open on the upper plaza serving beverages and light snacks. Times may vary.
- Thursday, June 27: 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 28: 7:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, June 29: 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- There will be 3 free Wi-Fi hotspots in the convention center, at each of our indicated food courts. Otherwise there's a pay-as-you-go Wi-Fi signal in the building called "instant internet" that costs $15.00 per 24-hours (it's mainly just for light web browsing and checking email). It does NOT work in exhibit halls or meeting rooms.
- Keynote Speaker
Two-time Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones will share her incredible story with us as our keynote speaker at Conference.
FEATURED BREAKOUT SESSION: FRANKLIN COVEY PRESENTATION
The Five Choices to Extraordinary Productivity
- Learn to make more selective, high-impact choices about where to invest your valuable time, attention and energy! The Five Choices process measurably increases the productivity, work/life balance and well-being of those who learn and practice its principals. Achieve extraordinary results by mastering the key choices that lead to success, vitality and ultimately happiness. When you reach the goals you set out to reach in a way that supports your entire life - you shine!
GUESTS ATTENDING BREAKOUTS
- Guests are welcome to attend any Learning Lab Session.
- Will need to show Guest badge for admittance into any Learning Lab Session.
- For 300-Level sessions, only Leaders will be allowed entry. No guests allowed.
DESIGN TEAM IN PRODUCT SHOWROOM
Our Design team will be available during these designated times to talk about the product development process, design inspiration and to answer questions.
- Thursday, June 27: 8:00 p.m.. -10:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 28: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
LIA SOPHIA BUSINESS MARKETPLACE
Check out the new selection of logo apparel and business accessories available for purchase.
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES WITH TORY & ELENA KIAM
- Thursday, June 27: 8:00 p.m.- 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 28: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29: 8:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Award Achievers only)
LIA SOPHIA LUAU
- The Luau will be held in Hall F/G at the Indiana Convention Center.
- A full dinner buffet & desserts included.
- Entertainment, activitiy and dancing.
- Cash bar - most credit cards are accepted.
MONTH END REMINDER
- As a reminder, the end of the fiscal month is noon CT Monday, June 24. Before you leave for Conference, please be sure to submit your orders for week 4 in order to qualify for all of the June incentives.
- Attendee types cannot be changed on site. (No Guest-to-Advisor changes).
- Recording Devices: The use of recording devices
of any kind (audio or video) is strictly prohibited in any Conference session.
- Cellular Phones: For the consideration of all in attendance, please turn off or silence all cellular phones, PDAs and alarm watches during all sessions.
- Emergency Exits: In the event of an emergency, you will be notified by public safety personnel and
directed to take the proper precautions.
- No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any of the Conference venues. You may go outside if you
wish to smoke. Be sure to wear your badge in order to be re-admitted.
- Bring a valid driver's license or state ID.
DSA CODE OF ETHICS
lia sophia® is a proud member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA ).
The cornerstone of the DSA ’s commitment to ethical business practices and consumer service is its Code of Ethics. Every member company pledges to abide by the code’s standards and procedures as a condition of admission and continuing membership in DSA .
The DSA Code of Ethics speaks to both the consumer and the seller. It ensures that member companies will make no statements or promises that might mislead either consumers or prospective sales people. Pyramid schemes are illegal and companies operating pyramids are not permitted to be members of the DSA .
The DSA Code of Ethics is enforced by an independent code administrator who is not connected with any member company. The code administrator will do everything possible to resolve any complaints to the satisfaction of everyone involved, and has the power to decide on remedies. All member companies have agreed to honor the administrator’s decisions.